The reports listed below all confirm the use of Shannon airport by CIA planes involved in "extraordinary rendition" flights.
The Rendition Project
This website brings together and analyses the huge amount of data that exists about the rendition and secret detention programme, and to provide users with a comprehensive picture of how the system operated, how it evolved over time, and what happened to those subjected to years of illegal detention and torture.
Globalizing Torture: CIA Secret Detention and Extraordinary Rendition
A report launched in early 2013 by the Open Society Justice Initiative names Ireland as one of the countries that participated in US rendition operations.
Council of Europe Reports
The Council of Europe is is an international organisation of 46 member states in the European region)
EU Parliament Temporary Committee on the alleged use of European countries by the CIA for the transportation and illegal detention of prisoners
The Venice Commission is an advisory body of the Council of Europe, composed of independent members in the field of constitutional law.
- VeniceCommissionOpinion.pdf Their "Opinion On The International Legal Obligations Of Council Of Europe Member States In Respect Of Secret Detention Facilities And Inter-State Transport Of Prisoners", March 2006.
The EU Network of Independent Experts on Fundamental Rights
This network of experts was set up by the EU commission at the request of the European Parliament. It monitors the situayion of fundamental rights in the Member States of the EU on the basis of the Charteer of Funndamental Rights. In April 2006, the EU commission requested an opinion on the question of the alleged CIA activities in Europe.
- EU_Network_Experts_03_07.pdf "The Human Rights Responsibilities of the EU Member States in the Context of the CIA Activities in Europe "Extraordinary Renditions".
Reports and statements from other Human Rights Organisations
Submissions to Irish and European Paliamentary Committees by Irish Peace Activists
- OireachtasCommittee.pdf Submission to the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs, December 2005.
- TranscriptOireachtasCommittee.pdf The Official transcript of this committee meeting.
- EU_submission.pdf Submission to the European Parliament Temporary Committee on the alleged use of European countries by the CIA for the transportation and illegal detention of prisoners, Edward Horgan, April 2006.